Friday, July 28, 2006

I know this post is lag, but I really had no time the past 2 weeks...
Confirmation Camp

Love! That was the group I was in. Best Group there.

Well, frankly, I did go to the camp half-heartedly, inititally not intending to go at all. I mean, judging from catechism classes and everything, it didn't really seem like it was going to be fun at all. But it was confirmation camp after all, and I decided to go since it was going to be the last camp before catechism ended.

And I'm glad I went! It was totally unexpected. The camp was fun, meaningful and enjoyable. Yeah, by the time the camp ended on the second day, everyone, I'm sure, was wishing that it were longer. It was like we couldn't get enough of the camp. Total change.

The camp started off with introductions, then the designing and penning of the goals and aims of the camp. For love, that was the part where we started participating. John was being lame. He wrote this upside down, "To turn this over". Well, I guess after everyone had written something, there was really little 'original' left to write. And then after everyone had penned their aims, we started decorating it. If you can call it decorating. Everyone was just holding on to a crayon or marker, and filling up every white space left on the paper. Started drawing wierd objects like houses, stick figures and the sun! Well, that laid the groundwork for tim's lame introduction story later on I guess. I remember we left a blank space for audrey who was supposed to join us later in the day, but who never turned up.

Later on, there was sessions. Paul had his powerpoint presentation, and was inviting us to enter into reflection, then writing a letter to Jesus about our burdens, which he would help us let go of.

After that there was raft building. Three scouts in our group and many enthusiastic people ready to learn how to tie. One word for the raft built. Successful. I guess the process was as important as the result. Everyone worked together and everything. Haha. I somehow I ended up testing the raft together with tim and val. I was glad the knots were tight.

Mud swim. If that is the term for it. We were the last group doing this activity, and as we were walking through this forested area to the place, we saw these mud people walking out from it. The only places not covered by mud were their eyes. Scary, especially when we anticipated what we were going to go through. Well, it ended up okay. Once we got used to the mud, we started throwing it at each other...By the way, somehow the mud we got was black, and the other groups had brown. Not fair. At least brown looks like milo.

The Q and A session by JP was great. Somehow many people were curious about the supernatural. Later on, was the talk and survey by keenan. I was more than happy to make myself a contribution, so I put a tick for like everything youth related. Then confession. I won't elaborate on this... obvious reasons.

After that was campfire. Hmmm. About the same as the 10 plus I have attended over the past two years. The songs were like, nothing new. But the dance competition was entertaining. Randall looked funny. And Limbo. Gosh. Those people were really pro. Especially nat! Yeah. Go Love!

Nightwalk. What can I say, it was too short. I know we were a little evil, but John and I decided to tell marcus past ghost stories of the area that we had come across in scouts. I guess that made him scared. Shhh. Don't tell him it was on purpose. Right. Like it wasn't obvious. Well, we had our fun!

After everything, well, john and I took our homework to the canteen to do. It was a good effort. But we ended up playing cards with jolenta and val. Bridge was fun.

Next day passed very quickly. Played cards again in the morning, breakfast, then packing up, cleaning the toilets. Yeah and we tried to play murderer. But everytime we sat down, there would suddenly be something else to do. Later on went to macs with John, Jolanta, Gen, benedict, nathaniel. I found out that gen actually saw me at crescent council investiture, but me being blur, didn't see her. In fact prior to this I didn't even know she was from crescent. Haha sorry! So ya we technically didn't meet. Wierd.

Then I went home. That marked the end of our 2-day, 1 night, super short confirmation camp.

No comments: