Tuesday, October 25, 2005
I always thought a blog was for just writing everything one did in the day, but after reading some really reflective blogs, I decided to do one too. I want a blog not as a daily dairy, but maybe for recording reflections on my life. The situations I encounter and what I can learn from it. Of course, only if time permits. It's not exactly on my top priority list.
This blog will serve as a space where I can learn from my past and learn from what I do, what I go through. It is important to reflect as it is to actually carry out a plan, because it is only through reflection that one can learn. And it is even more important to record it down, so that the thoughts do not just come and go. Sometimes when we are bored, we tend to think about our lives and whatever we want to do. However, these thoughts go as quickly as they come, and in our fast-paced lives, they tend to disappear forever, together with all the invaluable learning points in them. So, I hope that this blog will aid me in improving myself.
I was inspired to start a reflective blog from LLTC 2005. I learnt that having reflective depth is extremely important in one's life. Especially in a fast-paced country like Singapore, where multi-tasking skills are highly regarded and speed is essential, I am quite guilty of cutting edges to quicken my pace, like cutting short reflection and thinking, and just plunging headlong into activity after activity.
School holidays have begun, and that is the main reason I have so much time to think and type. I guess when school reopens again, I will be even busier and will have minimal time to add postings of learnings onto this blog. Especially since next year is my 'O' Levels, and I have to squeeze much studying into my timetable, on top of other school responsibilities.
I just came back from the gift of love home for the aged again, and I guess I have much to learn from it. But I'll write about this some other time when I have more time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment