Sunday, November 18, 2007

Surprise!

Surprise!

The news came to me last Sunday in the car. My mum is pregnant! According to her, she was waiting for my sister to come back from India before breaking the news, and so that was the first opportunity she got.

Well, my first reaction was of course shock, but I was happy. It was pleasant shock, if that phrase can be used. I had been joking about her giving birth to another since the day my brother was born, which like, 11 years ago. And 11 years later, my joke came true. It then dawned on me that my mum giving birth when she's older might increase the risks involved in pregnancy. And I became worried. My parents then told us they, too, had been worried earlier, but the doctor had told them it was still okay. So I am going to have another brother or sister!

Every time we move house, there's a new member of the family. When I was born, my parents had moved house. When my sister was born, yet again. And my brother came, again. In between we moved house once without any new member though(freak reading). And now. I'm moving house next year (Hopefully as soon as possible so I don't have to travel so far to school anymore), and here comes a new sibling! The coincidence is unplanned for, actually, according to my parents.

Maybe it is God's way of saying, "Hey, moving to a bigger home is too much space for the family, you need it to be more cosy by having more people". There's logic in that. Imagine a home where everyone has loads of private space. That home will simply become a place to sleep, eat and bath, because of the fewer opportunities to interact and talk. We need to share the space, share stuff, eat at the common table, watch TV together, play random board games together then can we call it a real home.

So. I look forward to receiving my new brother or sister.

Next year will be an exciting year!

No comments: