Kayaking Course 1st Day from 10.00am to 5.00pm: Located all the way at Changi, it took a quite a long time to go there. Recapped all the skills we had learnt in the 1 star kayaking course (jaw stroke and everything) and we learnt a new method of recovery without the need of coming out of the kayak. Tomorrow for the course we are going for an expedition from changi to pasir ris in our kayaks (obviously) and we would have to pack and bring our own food rations and water along. Should be quite an experience... I don't know why my language now sounds very informative... guess I'm not in the mood to blog... very tired, but just feel like posting before I go and sleep.
At night, 8 - 10 pm, we received our hike results, and I was quite disappointed to learn that I had failed. Well, a slight consolation was that of the 20 people who could make it to that stage, only 7 passed, and I'm part of the, like, 13. And of those who passed, some were already at their, like, 4th or 5th attempt, I'm not sure. I admire their perseverence. Well, at least it is my first attempt on the actual hike itself. I think the main reasons for failing was the shift in the requirements of the logs - it has become stricter and more requirements have been added. Very different from previous years, according to our TYS =). So we were quite unsure of what was truly expected of us in our logs. On hindsight, this hike will not have been a waste of time. It was an experience with its learning points, and now that we know what are the new expectations of both the preliminary hike log and the post-hike report, it is important that we pass it down. Our juniors would attempt the hike in the near future, and we have to tell them everything we've learnt so that they do not become like us, learning what is expected only after we have attempted the hike. We must make sure they know everything they need to know beforehand.
Yes, thats that. I'm going to enjoy myself tomorrow in the kayak in the sun!
Friday, June 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment